The CN-KCS Advantage
The combined company will offer more: choice and efficiencies for customers, greater fuel and carbon efficiency, opportunities for employees, robust investment in local communities, and safety improvements through technological infrastructure and investment. CN-KCS will be a faster, safer, cleaner, and stronger railway.
- Uncompromising commitment to safety, marked by strong safety culture and ongoing investments in advanced technology
- Densest track fault detector network in the U.S.
- Automated track inspection railcars for real-time monitoring of track parameters
- Automated inspection portals for 360-degree detection of defects invisible to the eye
- More end-to-end single-owner, single operator services from Mexico to Detroit than any other Class 1 railroad
- New competitive option to reduce travel time between Laredo to Detroit by up to two days with CN’s Chicago Advantage
- New direct and efficient rail options for truck freight from Mexico to the Northeast U.S. and Canada
- Record of superior service at the borders and proven success with intermodal, reducing friction for customers across transportation modes
- Combination will create new competitive routes accelerating the shift from truck to rail, driving down greenhouse gas emissions, fuel consumption and congestion
- Recognized for its actions to cut emissions, mitigate climate risks and develop the low-carbon economy as one of only three Canadian companies listed on CDP’s prestigious Climate A List
- Seamless integration as a result of CN’s proven track record of acquisitions over the past 25 years
- Increased connectivity between the U.S., Canada and Mexico will increase economic growth, trade and jobs in all three countries, reinforcing the benefits of the renegotiated USMCA
- Combined CN-KCS will focus on delivering long-term sustainable growth for our employees, customers and communities
- By driving more growth, CN-KCS will generate more new jobs in communities